Sunday, March 14, 2004

What to do? What to do?
I'm about to go home. I've quit a corporate job and retired. I get to be a homemaker. I've always wanted to; I know I'll be good at it. But I want it to be about nurturing and nest-building, not about "housework". I don't really get excited about cleaning toilets, I just want it to be clean...all the time.

I also want my retirement to be about self-discovery, personal growth, honing and elevating my own integrity and personal standards, and modeling a higher standard of behavior.

So what's the quandry?
I saw a commercial yesterday for a toilet bowl cleaner with a disposable brush. Use it and flush it. ...sounds like more trash to me. Our growing love of throw-away everything has begun to concern me. How much trash can I put in the dumpster before I am damaging the planet (and my own integrity).
So, can I Swiffer, or must I wring out dirty dish mops? I want it to be easy, and yet, I must be responsible...
to whom? me? the planet? the neighbors? all of these?
More will follow on this, I am sure.
later...
************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home