Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New Browser

Virtually all of my (current) Blogger problems were fixed instantly when I installed the Firefox Browser (now linked in sidebar). Seems that Blogger and Google and Foxfire/Mozilla all share common owners, etc. They are made to work well together.

I'm not totally sure that I'm happy about that...feels a little incestuous.

Through most of the reading I did I found that multiple browsers are often recommended. It makes some sense. If something doesn't work well in one, it will be fine in another. For example, this blog still has a dropped sidebar in IE (Internet Explorer). And, yes, that still bothers me.
(It's NOT that I have OCD issues, it's just that I expect perfection EVERYWHERE!)
Ah, well...
further spiritual development will certainly take care of THAT issue!

Also, if you keep multiple email addresses as many do, you can have a different browser open for each and not have to be continually logging in & out.

There are 3 things that I just LOVE about the new Foxfire browser:
  1. TABBED BROWSING: That means I can have multiple web pages open at the same time without opening multiple browsers; I can 'tab' between open pages and not loose my place. Right now, I have Refdesk, this blogger post editor, and Weather all open at once.
  2. FIREFOX SEARCH BAR: That's a neat little feature that lets me hold multiple (many) search engines at the ready up in my toolbar area. I can click on a drop-down menu, choose the one I want (like FoodTV Recipes), then type the search criteria (like 'paella') and BOOM here it comes. TOO too easy!
  3. SPELL-CHECKER: There is a great one in the toolbar that works just about everywhere you might be typing! Obviously, my experience with it is still limited, but I love it so far.
I'm still learning, but I think this was a good choice. And it may eliminate the need to pay Typepad for a better blog space. We'll see. Meanwhile, you lose nothing by trying it out.

TTFN

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. MotherPie is a big firefox fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home