Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

We're having our usual holiday: Joel's watching football and I'm watching ice skating. Nice. Quiet. Peaceful. The black-eyed peas are at the ready, this year in the form of a spicy dip.
(old tradition...to ensure prosperity in the New Year...)


We hope your day is going just exactly as you would like.

Joel's a little better each day, thankfully.

I've been catching up on my favorite blogs lately, and have been especially captured by Laura's entry about her New Year's thoughts. Resolutions become a whole new thing with her ideas to contemplate.

The new year seems like the start a something really new to me, too. Even though I'm 58 now, it seems as if I have hit some type of graduation and now get to step up and step out to prove to myself that I have what it takes to make a difference.
...'prove'...that doesn't feel exactly right.

A thought I had last night was another one about surrender. I am really getting into this idea of relaxing into the arms of Spirit - of The Mother.
I'm not sure the exact nature of those names. I can't draw you a picture.
I just know that something holds the world together and draws us toward completion if we can only relax, relinquish the desire to control, and go with the flow ~ surrender.

There will be more coming about this shortly.
Meanwhile,
if you are making some New Year's Resolutions, include one or two about raising the bar for yourself - you are the only one who can do it.

TTFN
:)

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hello my dear,
I was also thinking about surrender. I've come to realize that there is a difference between surrendering to and collapsing under. I didn't always know that.
I'm so glad to be able to connect with you in blogland. This year is going to be quite something, I believe.
Here's to the journey,
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home