Monday, December 05, 2005

Limbo plus support...plus small tooting horn

As expected, Joel's surgery has been postponed yet again.
The new date is 15/16 - one day for pre-surgery tests and next day for cutting....

I know all the reasons that it is a good thing. And I can be OK with that.

I found a close-to-home power supply to plug into on demand. Her name is Barbara and she is an Omnicrone if ever there was one. And she loves me. :) ...goes a looonnnng way...

I thought we were just going to do a little energy balancing today so that I would be in a better position to help Joel in recovery, but not so...
I'm not sure exactly what went on in that room this morning, but we hit upon a big grey block that needed a lot of attention. We're going to finish it off tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Joel had some fairly extensive surgical work done in her mouth today, and is flying low on oxydodone right now. The docs want her to take a whole course of antibiotics before coming under the knife again.

So... more limbo.
And this time, I'm better armed, lighter...
and have a chance to get a little more done with some committee work I'm doing...


....and I have a little horn to toot: I was elected to serve on the board of directors of H.E.A.L., Inc., the 501 (C)3 organization that is creating the domestic violence shelter in our county.
It feels like a big honor and I am very proud.
(I'm sure my head will shrink back to normal shortly; they aren't kidding when they say "serve on the board".)

Horn-tooting always reminds me of my grandmother who was occassionally heard to say,
"She who tooteth not her own horn, the same shall not be tooted!"
...............thanks for the smile, MamaLola, I love you still.................... :)

3 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Three toots for you from this side of the pond!!

Your grandmother´s quote made me laugh, because it reminds me of a Spanish expression I just love -¿No tienes abuela? --

which you (lovingly, with a twinkle in your eye, if you do it well) say to somebody happily tooting their own horn. Translation: "Don´t you have a grandmother?" (to do that tooting for you)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kate Winner said...

That's wonderful; I'll remember it, and unfortunately, no tengo abuela. But I think she peeks down on me now and then.

Thanks for your toots, too! :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hi you!
Gosh I've been a stranger here for too long! Things just got a little full over here.
Cool that your energy block was discovered. I'm still tripping on this little throat block I have here. It's just so interesting, isn't it?
I so love that you are working through this chapter with Joel as consciously as you are. Many layers here. It will be interesting to see how she shows up to all this, as well.
Warmth and love coming to you both...
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home