Friday, February 03, 2006

you won't believe it, but I swear it's true...

We have been back to Albuquerque to THE FRIGGIN' HOSPITAL AGAIN!!!
A day and a half after we got home the last time, Joel developed a bacterial infection in one of the wound sites. Details will probably NOT follow...just letting you know where I've been AGAIN.
Were told it would be an overnight trip - NO, it was three nights and four days.

We got back home last night and now are doing IV antibiotics every 8 hours.

And now I will have to miss the massage that was scheduled for 1:00 (and for which I have been waiting a long time) because the next IV is at 2:00...and I could just cry.

Later team...thanks for checking up on me.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh Kate, I´m sorry to hear that, you two really are fighting this (with amazing strength I might add) uphill. I say cry, by the way, like a baby, always makes me feel better. Then call the massage place and refuse to hang up until they schedule you. SOON. Like tomorrow between IVs.

Please know that I'll keep checking on you regularly here, and will keep sending all the good thoughts and energy I´ve got. Today I´d love to send a masseuse, if I knew one.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Kate Winner said...

Thanks, Erin.I appreciate the empathy. and I DID cry...though not long. Joyce (best massager IN the world) moved things around a bit and I got about an hour's worth! :)), and then booked the follow-up visit.

Interesting thought are coming from all over the place, so I can't really regret this experience or complain too much. Watch for it...there's more to say.

I'll catch up with what's going on in your world one of these days soon. Thanks for checking up on me.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home