Friday, April 14, 2006

We're Baaacck!

Whew!
Things can really get moving!
We've been exploring south Texas because Lubbock just seemed too dry, too boring, and too much like going backwards.

So, what do you think about BEACHES?!!!

We've set our sites on Corpus Christi, Texas - just a hop, skip from Padre Island.
Check out some of these pictures:
oh, shoot...I need to edit them first...I'll post 'em this weekend... :(



I'm noticing that I'm becoming more exacting in certain behaviors that pertain to my immediate environment, namely quality of the bed, and the ability to wash off the sand at the car.
Some of the minor dragons would love to spin some exotic psychodrama around that, but I prefer to think of it as an expression of the desires of that Zodiacal Crab, the Cancerian crustacean that I am - nest builder, Earth Mother, ______ dragonslayer--(can't be an apprentice anymore; what's the next level?)
I've learned that I take a portion of my (crab)shell with me whenever I travel. (Think of George Carlin's routhine about "His Shit") Every trip has its list of what 'stuff' is appropriate for the journey and it should ALL be in the shell before we leave! I'm actually becoming somewhat Crochetey about it.

Then add in my "thing" about drafts on my head, and airconditioning and pretty soon I start looking like an invalid out on a rare outing. I have an (empty) pillowcase over my head (esp. my ears) and am wrapped in a blanket -- !!

I like to think of it all as endearing eccentricities.

I think I am painting a picture of who I am with paint made up of my dreams. Cool, heh! :)

So I have nerves and emotions around this move and some fears
And a whole bunch of excitement for this change...most non-typical, but true, nonetheless.

We even saw a great house! The main living quarters are just over 1700 sq. ft., BUT it has a completely separate guest suite above a 3-car garage - almost 800 more sq. ft. House has a big room (converted from original attached 2-car garage) that will make a perfect studio/office.
Maybe it will still be available when our house goes under contract. Or that perfect one is looming on the horizon. Our Ruidoso house has been officially on-the-market since April 1st and has been shown an average of once a day since then. And the summer season is still over a month away. OMG! This could happen ANY DAY!!!!!!!

You can find our present house here at our local agent's site (Soon to be appearing at Realtor.com!) http://115randledr.ruidoso-homes.com.
Here's the prospect in Corpus... Capri. ---oops...it SOLD!

Off to prepare dinner now.
Laura and Erin, thanks for checking on me. Updates coming soon... :)

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I was getting antsy for updates but I stayed nice and quiet, did you see that? :-)

I love the beaches idea!! And salt sea air and boats!! And the house in CC has fabulous trees, wow. Old and distinguished, that tree to the left.

Great to have an update. Keep up posted!

OK, and I laughed as usual comparing you the shorebird turned well-packed shell snail, with me...the wandering snail who's tried for years to get that damn shell off my back, so I can travel faster and farther, naked.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Laura said...

wow. Smells like freedom, that salt air.
My gosh, you must be Scott's long lost sister. He has been known to wear a sleeve of an old white chenille robe of mine on his head (like some freaky stocking cap) on his head while mowing the lawn. I told him that's why it's good we didn't have children. No self-respecting teenager would have been able to live here with that going on.
I'm just sorry we didn't have a picture of you. Have an adorable one in my mind's eye though.
Nice to see you back here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home