Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Just when you think you're going to catch a breath...

It's 8:30; we've just returned from Albuquerque where we spent the ENTIRE day hanging around doctors' offices for what should have been routine tests. We were there a lot longer than we expected so we got to drive the 3 1/2 hours home mostly in the dark.
That little surprise was offset by the fact of the simply stunning full moon which rose over our left shoulders and then led us through the mountains to home.

Home - I love that word - and the place - and being in it.

We've both been mildly stunned by the news we got today. We are going back to Albuquerque in less than two weeks where Joel will have an angiogram one day to be followed (the very next morning) with mitral valve replacement surgery.

Can't really say much about it yet. Don't really know how I feel.
Joel's first reaction was to head toward panic, but the Dr. talked clearly and frankly to us. I think she believes him. She likes him. It likely to make things much better for her very quickly.

It's just a really BIG deal.
I don't know where I am.

I've come home; put a load of clothes in the washer; and in the morning we head for Austin, TX where I am scheduled for a QiGong workshop.
I don't know for sure if that is perfect timing or the most horrible timing.
Also, it means that while Joel will be in Austin, she won't be at the retreat - so she gets to do 2 1/2 days alone in a hotel (a thing she pretty much hates). After that we'll spend a day or two exploring then head slowly home again...maybe by way of the family farm in the panhandle of TX.

So let's see if I can keep my head on straight (insert gay joke here)
and manage to get a sense of qi, not to mention gong this weekend.

You may not see me here for a few days...let me rephrase that: I will not be posting on the site for at least a week. I hope all of you are well. I know some of you are having your own hard times.
Erin, thanks for your posts. I have read them...they have rich food for thought. I'll be back to them one of these days, soon.

To quote Garrison Keillor:
"Be well, do good works, and keep in touch."

3 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Erin said...

thoughts and energy going out in your direction as well.

obviously donĀ“t sweat coming by here. the blog and those of us who read it will be here.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Kate Winner said...

Thanks, Erin.

I love coming by here, actually and especially in the hard times. I want a laptop soon that can take trips with us so I don't have to miss my online journal. I'm much better here than in the countless hard cover journals I've bought over time.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Alan said...

you are very much in my thoughts, loved ones... its hard to hear such things that are left to the unknown. know that i'm thinking of you both and that all will be well. all my love x alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home