Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Little pre-Turkey Quickie

What a day.
I've been catching up on the blogs of some friends (and soul sisters, I think).
I've been thinking of my mom (who made the transition to her next step two years ago yesterday), and of Joel (who will have heart surgery in a couple of weeks),
and of dragons
and denial
and fear

and perspective
and perfection...

We live in a stange world. It's big and distant, and right smack in the middle of our living rooms.
We become involved (or enmeshed) in our own dramas, only to be reminded of the drama in a sister's life...or in the life of a spiritual sister halfway round the world.

Today I am thankful for my sisters:
Joel, Laura, Erin, Jaylen, for all the ones I love
and for all the ones who are harder to love.
Today I am thankful for my brothers:
Jim, Jason, Alan; there are fewer of you because of me...mostly
(that's another post someday)

Today I'm thankful for peanut butter and swords and sweet music and friends and spirit.

Today, I'm also thankful for turkey, and now I'm going to go get some.
I hope you enjoy yours - or it's equivilent.

I'll be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home