Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Concert pics...at last and...

Here's the group near the end of the concert. I'm the eighth one from the right...
We were singing back-up to Sandy's "Comin' Out of the Dark"






This one is Steve (show's producer) and me doing our rendition of "Holy Water" by Big & Rich, accompanied by the video...






And here is yours truely.....

This was it - my only choice - It is really possible that I will NEVER do anything like this again, and I don't have a good photo of it. I am SO dissappointed about that.

At least you can tell I actually put on makeup for the occasion....and it was a sad song...but only one shot!? She couldn't catch my eyes open!

Thank god for memories.
Hey, they can't take that away.....! :)

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I kind of like the picture. Well, true, it's not like I've seen another, other than the one in your comment sig, but you look so gloriously lost in the song. Same in the photo where you are singing back-up - just belting it out! You don't know how much I envy that ability...First thing on the list for the Salamanca genie in the milk bottle is a strong singing voice...


And ahem, why are you not likely to do this again? Hmmm? They don't sing in Tejas?

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Kate Winner said...

Thanks, girl, for the kind comments. I guess I was just hoping to have photographic evidence that I can, indeed, 'clean up nice'.
The cool thing about the performance thing (for me) is that I don't really get lost. I 'get into it', but I'm 100% present to ALL the nuances - the song, the lights, the audience and their response, the others on & off stage - it's like a wonderful dance in which I have the lead roll. Just way too cool.

I'm going to blog a little around the 'maybe never doing it again' part....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home