Thursday, April 27, 2006

I may never do this again...?

Erin asked a question in her comment about the concert pictures, that I'll answer here.

I said I may never do this again...
and that is not necessarily true. I've come to know that I want to spend a lot of time (once we're settled) in studying music, playing - or learning to play another instrument (drums, recorder, percussion, Celtic harp...) and, of course, singing. I can see us finding a bunch of retired music teachers and forming a small band to play for seniors, country clubs, women's clubs, etc. I'd love to find a quartet or quintet of female voices to do some baroque music, too. What fun.

What I meant with that comment was that the total experience was so unique it is unlikely to be repeated. One big thing that made it so special is that NO ONE in Ruidoso had any idea that I could/would do that. And certainly not that I could do it well. Steve and I rehearsed a lot. We were ready and confident; had all the moves down; knew we blended well...and both of us have more than enough stage experience to be really comfortable. We didn't look or perform like your neighborhood Karaoke singers. We were hot and we knew it.
Also, the theater personnel treated us like pros and handled all the technical aspects with an extremely high level of skill and professionalism. There aren't many theaters of that caliber in this country.

There were just too many unique and wonderful aspects of that weekend that came together to make a once-in-a-lifetime event. It could not be duplicatable if only for the fact that there can be only one 'first' time. Outside of a church choir, my last time onstage before that concert was sometime in the mid 70's!

Comprende usted?

4 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Erin said...

The chick living in Spain still says you just never know what's around that next corner!!

For you, I'm (personally, biased music freak that I am) hoping it's in the key of..??? (Fill in the blank?)

great to have you back here

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Kate Winner said...

Thanks, Erin.
I'm glad to be back, too.
Just feels better when I spend a little time on the blog. :)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh this just delights me in ways I don't even have words for. I was behind in my reading here and such delights awaited me! So wish I could have been there to hear you. Some day, some where I will have the chance to hear you sing. I know it. Lovely pics in the other post, too.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Kate Winner said...

Thanks, Laura. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home